Whats is the best time to visit India?
The best time to visit India is from October to March. India is large with diverse weather patterns.
Best time to visit the Himalayas
- Himalayan foothills, Darjeeling and Shimla travel is possible year-round
- June and July temperatures range from around 13°C (55°F) to 19°C (66°F)
- Darjeeling experiences heavy rain from June to September, while Shimla has a shorter wet season from July to August.
Best time to visit Delhi
- From October to March is dry and moderate
- Chilly from November to February 8°C (46°F) to 20s (70s)
- October and March are warmer with Max 30°C (86°F)
- May and June are hot between 26°C (79°F) to 40°C (104°F)
- Hot, dry winds are common with some dust storms
- July through September is the monsoon season
- November to February, fog can sometimes obscure your view in the early morning of Taj Mahal
Best time to visit Rajasthan
- Tropical desert are with temperatures similar to nearby Delhi and Agra
- Udaipur summer is degrees cooler
- Jaisalmer, there is very little humidity and rainfall.
Best time to visit Kolkata
- Kolkata is fairly warm weather year round
- Winter in December and January 9°C (48°F)
- February through April, with June 26°C (79°F) to 35°C (95°F)
- Humidity rises as heavy rainfall June to September
Best time to visit Mumbai
- Mumbai best time to go is from October to May
- Wet from June to September
Best time to visit Goa
- India beaches in Goa has pleasant temperatures year-round
- Monsoon season from June to September brings a huge amount of rain
- October to April there is very little rain at all.
Best time to visit South India
- Closest to the equator so temperatures are hot year-round
- Rain falls from June to August
What is the best season to visit india?
- From June to September
- Different regions in India have diffferent pros and cons in moonsoon.
- Problem with Monsoon:
- Can rain heavly for days
- City streest flood quickly
- Clothes don’t dry for hours
- Heat feels very discomforting
- Mountains have cloudbursts and landslides
- Airports and air traffic can get shut down because of heavy downpours.
- Pros of Monsoon in India
- dry brown grasslands and forests become lush and green
- farmers welcome the season with full productivity
- lakes and rivers as well as waterfalls fill up and become stronger than ever.
- Low tourism hence you get a lot of the sights to yourself
- Best time in India to visit for budget-conscious backpackers
- Places to Not Visit in Monssoon
- Goa and Kerala get a lot of rain and humidity
- Avoiding the coastlines/beaches
- beach resorts close from April to September
- Himalayas like Rishikesh, Dharamshala, Manali, Shimla, Kasol, Sikkim, and Darjeeling face heavy rainfall & landslides
- Places to Visit in Monssoon
- Wayanad, Munnar, Thekkady, Dudhsagar Waterfall Hike in Goa
- Ooty in Tamil Nadu
- Munnar in the Western Ghats
- Kashmir, Leh, and Ladakh is great to avoid Indian Monsoon – July and August are the absolute ideal times to go visit
- Mountains, like the Nubra Valley near Ladakh
- Rajasthan with range of boutique and heritage hotels
- Temples of Holy City- Varanasi and Khajuraho, forts and palaces of Rajasthan etc.
- Perfect time for those who want to enjoy the festivals of North India
- From the end of March until the monsoon
- Really hot in the central/flat India (up to 45 to 50 degree Celsius)
- Places to Visit in Summer in India
- Visit the Himalayas or the northeastern part of India
- Spiritual haven of Rishikesh
- Visit the exiled Dalai Lama in Dharamshala
- Hill stations like Shimla, Darjeeling
- Ladakh becomes accessible by June
- UNESCO World Heritage Site. Wayanad, Coorg, Munnar and Conoor
- During winter and spring tourists can enjoy Northern part of India
- Between Mid-October to Mid-March
- Visit the historical monuments of the major cities like Delhi and Agra, the